All of us, at some point in our lives, happened to hold a Guiness World Record Book. We all dreamt that our name is / will be written on it.
Well Maria Kalimera did exactly that. She holds, not 1, not 2 but 3, yes 3 world records in her name.
We had a small chat with Maria a few days ago were she talked to us about her amazing feats and her feelings along with the difficulties she faced during her training sessions.
The records she holds as of today May 2017 are,
- The Longest time in an abdominal plank position (female) is 3 hours, 31 minutes and 0 seconds
- The Longest time in an abdominal plank position (female) with 60pounds on her back is 23 minutes and 20 seconds
- Most handstand pushups in 1 minute is 35 pushups in 31 seconds
The tips she gave to all potential record breakers out there are
- Find a person who inspires you and would love to walk along you on this hard road as a coach, a trainer and above all, an understanding friend
- It’s all in your head, if you believe you will succeed. Push yourself to your limits via your mental and will power and not by sheer body strength
Her coach Michalis said “I knew from the first minute she told me that she wanted to break a Guiness World Record that she could and would do it. I could see it in her eyes and face. All I had to do was make sure I would guide her the right way and not let her stray off her course”
Even though Maria did break 3 Guiness World Records and 2 of them was on the same day, she told us that she wants to break 2 more. Only when her name’s written down 5 times, will she finally be able to “rest” as she stated.
We all wish her good luck and we know she can do it!