While strolling in Lidl Cyprus, we decided to get some ingredients and prepare some cool summer bites for you to try. Easy to prepare but most importantly yummy to taste!
The ultimate summery drink.
- Half watermelon ( the juice)
- 5 cups of fresh orange juice
- Sugar or honey according to preference
- Mint leaves
- 2 Limes cut in round pieces
- 2 Oranges cut in round pieces
- Soda (optional)
Add all the ingredient together, mix well and enjoy it ice cold.
A colourful, refreshing and easy treat
Serves 4 portions
- 2 cups of low fat greek yogurt
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers (1 cucumber for serving, 1 cucumber finely chopped to go in the mixture)
- 2 carrots (for serving)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint chopped (leave some for garnish)
Add all the ingredients in a bowl except the two carrots and the one cucumber and stir them good.
Cut the rest of the remaining cucumber and the carrots in small sticks for serving.
Add the tzatziki mixture in four small bowls and garnish with some fresh mint.
Add the cucumber and carrot stick and enjoy.
Halloumi and Lountza sticks
An easy but delicious finger food for summer inspired by Cyprus
Serves 6 sticks
- 1 block of Halloumi Cheese
- 6 pieces of lountza
- 12 Cherry tomatoes
- 3 full tablespoons of honey
- ¼ of a cup balsamic vinegar
Cut the halloumi cheese in cubes and pan fry them until golden.
Marinate the lountza pieces with smoked paprika and pan fry them.
Let them cool and add all the ingredients on a the sticks.
Add the honey in the vinegar and stir until it becomes a glaze.
Pour it over the halloumi and lountza sticks and bon appetit!