We found some of the most delicious products for our #beautifullynormal Christmas table. We went to Lidl Cyprus and got everything we needed to prepare one of the most traditional Cypriot treats during Christmas: the tasty Kourambiedes!
Easy, delicious festive choice. The best way to add a sweet touch to our Christmas! #beautifullynormal
Makes 35-40 pieces
120 gr. almonds
300 gr butter
110 gr powdered/ confectioners’ sugar
0.5tsp baking powder
Confectioners’ sugar to sprinkle at the end
- Lightly toast almonds in the oven then crush them until their consistency is close to powder
- Whip the butter and sugar at high speed until smooth, about 10 minutes. Add almonds and cognac and beat another 5 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour in parts until the dough no longer sticks.
- Shape into small balls and bake for 20-30 minutes in preheated oven at 160 C.
- Remove and let them cool slightly.
- Brush with rosewater
- Sift confectioners’ sugar
Enjoy the video: