We went to Lidl Cyprus, found some of the most delicious local products and got everything we needed to prepare one of the most traditional Cypriot salad with nice modern twists. Colorful, healthy and easy to prepare. Try it and share with us your opinion on our recipe suggestion.
- 100gr Feta cheese
- 150 gr light Halloumi cheese (pan fried without oil)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 boiled beetroots
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander
- 500 gr baby potatoes boiled
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 handful of black olives
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin oil (2 for the potatoes and 3 for the salad dressing)
- 3-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (dressing)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon Juice (1/2 lemon for the potatoes and 1 lemon for the dressing)
1) Boil the potatoes. Add them in the bowl and season them with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon in the bowl with the potatoes.
2) Finely chop the coriander and add it to the bowl with the potatoes.
3) Cut the Halloumi cheese in cubes and pan fry them without using any oil.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
5) For the dressing squeeze one lemon in a small bowl together with the vinegar, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt. Stir well and pour into the salad.
We went to Lidl Cyprus, found some of the most delicious local products and prepared the ultimate traditional Cypriot salad with nice modern twists. Try it and share with us your opinion on our recipe suggestion (blog link).#cypriotsalad #lidlcyprus #traditional #halloumi
Gepostet von Heart Cyprus am Freitag, 18. Mai 2018